EATING WELL'S PARMESAN STRAWS
- 1 Large egg white
- 1 tb Olive oil
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1/8 ts Cayenne (optional)
- 6 Sheets phyllo dough 14"x18"
- 3/4 c Freshly grated Parmesan or
- -Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- lightly coat 2 baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg white, oil, salt and cayenne, if used.
- Lay a sheet of phyllo on a work surface with the short side toward you.
- Keep remaining phyllo sheets covered with a plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- With a pastry brush, lightly coat the lower half of sheet with the egg-white mixture and sprinkle with about 2 tsp.
- Fold the upper half over the lower half.
- Brush the right half of the folded sheet with egg-whit mixture, sprinkle with a heaping teaspoon of cheese and fold left half over the cheese.
- Brush the bottom half of the folded sheet with the egg-white mixture, sprinkle with 1 tsp cheese and fold the upper half over lower half.
- Finally brush the top with the egg-whit mixture and sprinkle with 1 tsp.
- cheese. Cut into ten 1/2-inch strips using a knife or a serrated pastry cutter. With a wide spatula, transfer the strips to the prepared baking sheet, placing them about 1
This page is made by Pascal Meijer