Pickling Cucumbers Frozen
- 1 pound Cucumbers -- sliced thin
- 2 cups Onions -- sliced
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vinegar -- cider
- Combine cucumbers, onions, salt and water in glass bowl.
- Let stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- Add sugar and vinegar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Pack mixture lightly into two 1-pint freezer containers or jars, leaving 1-inch space at top. Cover tightly and freeze overnight or up to 6 weeks. Thaw at room temperature 4 hours. Refrigerate any leftovers up to 1 week. Makes 4 cups.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer