Polenta Crostini with Mushrooms
- 1 oz Dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 tb Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lg Red onion, finely minced
- 2 sm Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 lb Fresh brown mushrooms, such
- -as cremini or portobello,
- -well cleaned and sliced
- 4 sm Ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tb Chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Freshly ground pepper
- Quick polenta
- Olive oil
- Soak dried mushrooms in warm water to cover at least 45 minutes or until softened.
- Remove from liquid carefully and rinse well under cold running water to remove any sand still clinging.
- Chop mushrooms roughly and drain thoroughly.
- Strain soaking liquid at least twice through sieve lined with cheesecloth or paper towels, and reserve for use in another dish.
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet and saute onion until translucent and tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Add garlic and all mushrooms, turn heat to low and cook, stirring intermittently, for up to 20 minutes, until tender.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking another 5 minutes.
- Cut Quick Polenta into slices 2" wide and 3-4" long and brush lightly with olive oil to taste. Broil until firm and lightly crisp on both sides. Place spoonful of hot mushroom sauce on top of each crostino and serve.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer