Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Parmesan Crisps
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves -- minced
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon -- crumbled
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Pounds Portobello mushrooms -- stems discarded
- 18 arugula leaves -- trimmed, washed
- thoroughly, and spun dry (18 to 24)
- 6 Parmesan crisps (recipe follows) as an
- In a small bowl whisk together vinegar, garlic, and thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk in oil in a stream, whisking until dressing is emulsified.
- In a large resealable plastic bag drizzle dressing over mushrooms and seal.
- Marinate mushrooms at room temperature, turning bag once or twice, 1 hour.
- Heat a well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat until hot and grill mushrooms in batches, covered, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Transfer mushrooms as cooked to a platter and keep warm, covered with foil.
- Divide arugula among 6 plates.
- Slice mushrooms thin and serve with arugula and Parmesan crisps.
- PARMESAN CRISPS Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano) 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour Preheat oven to 350°,F.
- and line a lightly greased baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl stir together Parmesan and flour. On prepared baking sheet spoon level tablespoons of mixture in mounds 4 inches apart and spread mounds gently into 3 1/2-inch-long ovals. Bake cris
This page is made by Pascal Meijer