- 4 tablespoons capers
- 6 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound small mushrooms
- Rinse two tablespoons of capers and dry on a paper towel.
- Pound them and the anchovies in a mortar or press them through a sieve with a spoon.
- When the mixture is reduced to a paste, transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Add the oil little by little, stirring as you do it.
- Add the lemon juice and pepper to taste.
- Let the sauce stand in a covered container at least 4 hours before serving.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and clean them with a damp paper towel. Place five on each plate and spoon three tablespoons of the tapenade over them. Garnish the plates with the remaining capers.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer