Mushrooms Stuffed with Spinach and Ham
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms -- large, 14-24
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper -- to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 pound spinach -- (1/4 bag)
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup onion -- finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 small egg -- beaten
- 3 tablespoons prosciutto -- finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese -- grated
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Rinse and dry mushrooms.
- Remove and finely chop the stems, set aside.
- Coat mushroom caps in a mixture of oil, 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a baking pan, stem side down, and bake 5 minutes.
- Remove stems from spinach, rinse and drain.
- Heat butter in a saucepan, add onions, and cook till wilted.
- Add mushroom stems and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Cook briefly, stirring.
- Add spinach and cook till most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Add cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper, stir.
- Add the egg and cook about 10 seconds. Purie the mixture in a blender or food processor, return to the pan and add ham. Fill mushroom caps and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for ten to fifteen minutes.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer