Filo Wrapped Miniature Egg Rolls
- 1 oz Shiitake mushrooms, dried
- 1/3 c Green onions- sliced
- 2 ts Ginger root- grated
- 1/4 c Bell pepper, green or red-
- -seeded and minced
- 1 c Cabbage- chopped
- 1 c Bean sprouts- chopped
- 2 ts Sesame oil, dark
- 2 ts Soy sauce
- 8 Filo dough sheets
- Hot mustard
- Place mushrooms in bowl with hot water to cover.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 tbsp of water to boil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add green onions, ginger root, bell pepper and cabbage.
- cover skillet and cook mixture 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add bean sprouts, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Drain mushrooms, cut off and discard stems, chop caps into small pieces and add to vegetable mixture.
- Place in colander to drain for 10 minutes.
- Use 1 sheet of filo dough at a time, keeping other sheets covered so they won`t dry out.
- Lightly coat top with vegetable oil cooking spray, then fold in half.
- Coat again with spray.
- Cut into four pieces, about 6 1/2 X 4 1/2 inches.
- Place 1 tbsp filling on short side of each rectangle, fold in long sides and roll up.
- Place roll, seam side down, on nonstick baking sheet. Repeat until all egg rolls are assembled. Lightly coat tops of egg rolls with cooking spray and bake at 450 degrees until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Serve at once with hot mustard.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer