MUSHROOM ALMOND PATE
- 1 c Slivered almonds
- 1/4 c Butter
- 1 sm Onion, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, minced or
- 3/4 lb Mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Thyme
- 1/8 ts Pepper
- 2 tb Oil
- Spread almonds in a shallow pan and toast in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes or until lightly browned Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, salt, thyme and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft and most of the pan juices have evaporated.
- In a food processor or blender, whirl almonds to form a paste, With motor tunning, add oil and whirl until creamy.
- Add mushroom mixture and whirl until pate is smooth.
- Chill until set.
- I used walnuts, because I had them on hand, and this turned out fine.
- I served it alongside thinly sliced toasted rounds of italian bread.
- Next to that, I had a wedge of brie surrounded by bite-sized hunks of carrots (cutting veggies to bite size saves the worry some people have about others who dip, bite, then stick something bitten back into the dip.
- ) and a dip I make for veggies that is yummy, but not for the faint of heart.
- Spicy Yogurt Dip 1 c nonfat yogurt 1 1/2 Tbsp apricot honey (or 1 Tbsp honey plus 1/2 Tbsp apricot preserves) 1 tsp curry powder 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper Mix all ingredients together and let sit for at least an hour. The flavor
This page is made by Pascal Meijer