OPEN-FACE MUSHROOM-BRIE SANDWICHES
- 2 tb Olive oil
- 1 1/2 c Trimmed assorted mushrooms
- - such as shiitake, oyster,
- - chanterelle, morel
- - and cultivated
- 1 t Minced garlic
- 1/2 c Finely diced onion
- 1 tb Red wine vinegar
- 1 tb Water
- Salt and pepper -- as desired
- 2 tb Finely chopped parsley
- 4 sl Country bread
- 4 sl Brie cheese
- HEAT THE OIL IN A SKILLET and add the mushrooms, garlic, onion, vinegar, water, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook until mushrooms are tender, another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, transfer the mushrooms to a bowl and add the parsley.
- Toast or grill the bread. Preheat a broiler. Place the bread on a baking sheet and top with mushrooms. Lay a piece of cheese on top and place under the broiler until melted. Serve immediately.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer