Mini Mushroom-Feta Turnovers
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 3/4 c mushrooms -- finely chopped
- 1/3 c seeded tomato -- finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp fresh thyme or 1/4 tsp dried -- crumbled
- 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/3 c feta cheese -- finely crumbled
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry -- thawed
- 1 egg -- beaten with fork
- Heat oven to 400.
- Have a large cookie sheet ready.
- Filling: Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallot and saute 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add mushrooms and saute 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
- Add tomato, thyme, salt and pepper and saute 1 minute more.
- Scrape the mixture into a small bowl and cool about 5 minutes.
- Add feta cheese, stir to mix well.
- Unfold puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- With a folling pin, roll into a 12-inch square.
- Cut the pastry in thirty-six 2-inch squares.
- Place 1/2 tsp of mushroom mixture in center of each square, leaving a 1/2=inch border all around.
- Moisten edges with water.
- Fold in half diagonally to make triangles.
- Press edges with tines of a table fork to seal in filling. Brush tops lightly with egg. With a spatula, transfer pastries to ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer