Marinated Spiced Olives
- 3/4 c Pitted ripe olives
- 3/4 c Pimiento-stuffed green
- 3 Lemon slices
- 3 Dried red chilies
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ts Mustard seeds
- 1 ts Black peppercorns
- 3 Allspice berries
- 1 3/4 c Olive oil
- Add lemon slices, chilies, garlic, mustard seeds, peppercorns and allspice berries.
- Stir in olive oil and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a large jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Screw on lid tightly and turn jar over several times to ensure ingredients are well mixed.
- Let olives marinate at least 1 week before serving, turning jar several times a day.
- Store up to 6 months in a cool place.
- NOTE: Use a mixture of corn oil and olive oil for a more economical marinade. Add sprigs of dried herbs to marinade, if desired. To serve, garnish with lemon twists and a fresh parsley sprig, if desired.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer