MEAT FILLED ORIENTAL PANCAKES
- -----ORIENTAL PANCAKES-----
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 c Water
- 3 tb Cornstarch
- 2 ts Soy Sauce
- 1/2 ts Sugar
- 1/2 ts Vegetable Oil
- -----MEAT FILLING-----
- 1 tb Cornstarch
- 3 tb Soy Sauce
- 1 tb Dry Sherry
- 3/4 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb Ground Pork
- 2/3 c Chopped Green Onions & Tops
- 1 t Minced Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 Clove Garlic, Pressed
- ORIENTAL PANCAKES: Beat eggs in a large bowl with a wire whisk.
- Combine the water, cornstarch, soy sauce and sugar, pour into eggs and beat well.
- Heat an 8 inch omelet or crepe pan over medium heat.
- Brush bottom of pan with vegetable oil, reduce heat to low.
- Beat egg mixture, pour 1/4 cupful into skillet, lifting and tipping pan from side to side to form a thin round pancake.
- Cook about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until firm.
- Carefully lift with spatula and transfer to a sheet of waxed paper.
- Continue procedure, adding 1/2 teaspoon of oil to pan for each pancake.
- Makes 6 pancakes.
- MEAT FILLING: ombine cornstarch, soy sauce and sherry in large bowl.
- Add beef, pork, green onions, ginger and garlic, mix until thoroughly combined.
- ASSEMBLY: Spread 1/2 cup meat mixture evenly over each pancake, leaving about a 1/2 inch border on one side.
- Starting with opposite side, roll up pancake jelly-roll fashion. Place rolls, seam side down, in single layer, on heatproof plate, place plate on steamer rack. Set rack in large pot or wok of boiling water. Cover and stea
This page is made by Pascal Meijer