- 1/2 c Olive oil
- 1/4 c Red wine vinegar
- 3 tb Lemon juice
- 1 c Water
- 2 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 t Thyme, dried
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tb Tomato paste
- 1 t Peppercorns
- 1 t Coriander seeds (optl)
- 1 lb Mushrooms, small, button
- 1 tb Brandy
- Salt to taste
- 2 tb Parsley, chopped or
- Mushrooms keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Combine all ingredients except mushrooms, brandy and salt in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Wipe mushrooms clean.
- If they are large, cut in halves or quarters.
- Add to simmering liquid.
- Cook together for 15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon the boil remaining liquid down about 5-10 minutes or until 1/2 cup remains. Stir in brandy and season with salt. Strain over mushrooms and leave overnight. Garnish with parsley or chives before serving.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer