LAYERED SHRIMP APPETIZER
- 2 1/2 c Water
- 3/4 lb Unpeeled medium-size fresh
- - shrimp
- 1 pk Cream cheese, softened (8oz)
- 1/2 c Sour cream
- 1/4 ts Onion salt
- 1 ds Ground red pepper
- 1/4 c Plus 2-tb. chili sauce
- 1 1/2 ts Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 ts Lemon juice
- 1/2 ts Prepared horseradish
- Bring water to a boil, add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain well, rinse with cold water.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Chop two-thirds of shrimp, leaving remaining shrimp whole.
- Cover and chill chopped and whole shrimp.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add sour cream, onion salt, and red pepper, beating until smooth.
- Spread mixture onto serving platter, shaping into a 5-inch circle.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- Combine chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and horseradish, stir well, and spread over cream cheese round.
- Sprinkle chopped shrimp over chili sauce mixture, top with whole shrimp. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs and lemon slices, if desired.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer