Potato & Caviar Crepes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt + 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 3/4 cups nonfat buttermilk + 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 10 small red potatoes -- 1/4" dice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper -- freshly ground
- 1/2 cup chicken stock -- defatted
- 8 ounces plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 teaspoons American sturgeon caviar
- 3 teaspoons salmon roe
- 12 sprigs chervil -- fresh
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine flour w/1/8 teas.
- In small bowl whisk together egg, egg whites & buttermilk.
- Slowly whisk egg mixture into flour until batter has consistency of heavy cream.
- Heat oven to 200F.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over med-hi heat.
- Add potatoes, remaining 3/4 teas.
- salt & pepper, cook, tossing occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Add stock, cook, tossing, until all liquid is absorbed, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, cover.
- Meanwhile, place medium nonstick skillet over med-hi heat, lightly spray w/cooking spray.
- Popur 3 tablespoons batter into center of skillet, swirl pan to create crepe about 5" in diameter.
- Cook until speckled golden brown, 2 - 3 minutes per side.
- Place in oven to keep warm.
- Continue making crepes until all batter is used. 4. Place crepe on work surface, place a heaping tablespoon of potatoes in center. Top w/tablespoon of yogurt & 1/4 teas. of each caviar. Add sprig of chervil, roll up.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer