HERBED CHICKEN PATE
- 2 lb Skinned/boned breast chicken
- 2/3 c White part only leek
- 1/4 c Shallots
- 3/4 c Unsalted butter
- 3 Eggs whites only
- 1 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 ts Freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 1/4 c Well-chilled whipping cream
- 1/2 c Chicken broth
- 2 c Tight-packed leaves spinach
- 2 c Tight-packed leaves basil
- 3/4 c Well-chilled whipping cream
- Meanwhile, thinly slice leek and shallot.
- Melt butter in heavy small skillet over low heat.
- Add leek and shallot and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Combine half of chicken with half of leek mixture in processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add half of egg whites and process until smooth.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Repeat with remaining chicken, leek mixture and egg whites.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Blend half of chicken mixture, salt, pepper and nutmeg in processor.
- With machine running, slowly pour 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream through feed tube.
- Blend 1 minute.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Repeat with remaining chicken, salt, pepper, nutmeg and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cream.
- Combine both chicken mixtures.
- Bring chicken broth to boil in large skillet.
- Add spinach and basil and toss until just wilted, about 45 seconds.
- Drain well. Squeeze out any remaining liquid. Puree spinach mixture with remaining 3/4 cup cream until smooth. Blend in 1/4 of chicken mixture. Preheat oven to 350 deg. Line 9x5-inch loaf pa
This page is made by Pascal Meijer