- 2 c Pecan halves
- -----CURRY MARINADE-----
- 2 ea Medium oranges, juiced
- 1 1/2 ts Curry powder
- 1 1/2 ts Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t Sugar
- 1 ea Garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 ts Salt (or to taste)
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a nonreactive bowl.
- Add the pecans and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Prepare the smoker for barbecuing, bringing the temperature to 200 deg to 220 deg F.
- Drain the nuts.
- Transfer them to a piece of greased heavy-duty foil just large enough to hold the nuts in a single layer and place the foil in the smoker.
- Cook the pecans until they are crisp and lightly smoked, 50 to 60 miutes. Serve immediately or keep in a coverd jar for several days.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer