CURRIED SHRIMP PHYLLO BUNDLES
- 1/3 c Plain yogurt
- 1/4 c Coconut
- 1/4 c Finely chopped unsalted
- 2 tb Chopped chutney
- 1 ts Curry powder
- 1/2 ts Grated gingerroot or 1/4 tsp
- -ground ginger
- 4 oz Can tiny shrimp, drained
- 6 Sheets frozen phyllo dough
- -(16 x 12 inches), thawed
- 1/2 c Margarine or butter, melted
- Filling: In a small mixing bowl stir together yogurt, cocnut, peanuts, chutney, curry powder, and gingerroot or ginger.
- Gently stir in shrimp.
- Unfold phyllo dough.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a waxed-paper-lined cutting board.
- Cover remaining sheets with a damp paper towel or cloth.
- Keep covered to prevent drying.
- Generously brush with some of the margarine or butter.
- Top with another sheet of phyllo, then brush with more of the margarine or butter.
- Repeat with a third sheet of phyllo and margarine or butter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the stack of buttered phyllo sheets into twelve 4-inch squares.
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the filling in the center of each square.
- For each bundle, bring the 4 corners together, 1 pinch and twist slightly.
- Repeat with the remaining phyllo dough, margarine or butter, and filling to make 24 bundles total.
- Arrange bundles on an ungreased parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or till golden. Serve immediately. Makes 24 bundles. To freeze: Prepare phyllo bundles as directed, except do not bake. Freeze the u
This page is made by Pascal Meijer