Fondue Bread With Sliced Apples And Chutney
- 2 eggs
- 1 Pound Muenster cheese, -- shredded, see note
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary -- minced
- 1 Pound frozen white bread dough, -- thawed according to
- 1/3 Cup almonds -- sliced
- 2 red apples
- 2 green apples
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup mango chutney, -- optional
- Sprig fresh rosemary, -- optional
- Adjust oven rack to middle position.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter or margarine.
- Reserve 1 egg white for later use.
- Beat 2 eggs yolks and 1 egg white in a medium bowl.
- Add cheese and rosemary, stir to combine and set aside.
- Roll thawed dough on a lightly floured work surface into a rectangle about 6 ny 20 inches.
- Place cheese mixture lengthwise on center of dough.
- Fold the dough over the filling and pinch to seal seam.
- Place roll seam-side down around the outside of the prepared springform pan to make a ring, pinch ends to seal.
- Brush with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Release pan hinge and remove bread immediately, allow bread to rest 15 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
- Slice apples and place them in a bowl of cold water that has been mixed with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 5. Place cheese-filled bread in center of large round platter. Brain apples and pat dry. Arrange overlapping in small groupings around the bread. Garnish with
This page is made by Pascal Meijer