CRAB & AVOCADO FRITTERS
- 2 lb Crabmeat
- 1 c Diced green onions
- 1/4 c Dry breadcrumbs
- 1 md Avocado, peeled and cut into
- -1/4-inch pieces
- Corn Oil For Deep-Frying
- All-Purpose Flour
- Thinly slivered green
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 c Hot chili salsa
- Line baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine crab, 1 c green onions and avocado in large bowl.
- Mix eggs, salsa and salt, add to crab.
- Mix in breadcrumbs.
- Form mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Place on prepared sheet.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate 3 hours.
- (Can be prepared one day ahead and frozen.
- Do not thaw before cooking.
- ) Preheat oven to lowest setting.
- Line another baking sheet with paper towels.
- Pour oil into large skillet to depth of 3 inches.
- Heat to 350 degrees.
- Dust fritters with flour.
- Carefully ad to oil in batches (do not crowd) and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side for refrigerated fritters and about 3 minutes per side for frozen.
- Drain on paper towels. Transfer to prepared sheet and keep warm in oven until all are cooked. Garnish with green onion slivers and serve immediately. From
This page is made by Pascal Meijer