Corn with Barbecue Sauce
- Categories: Appetizers, Snacks, Vegetarian
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 oz Onion, chopped
- 1 ea Garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz Tomatoes, skinned &- chopped
- 4 oz Green bell pepper, diced
- 1 oz Green chilies, diced
- 1/2 oz Ginger, grated
- 1 oz Vegetable oil
- 1 tb Tomato paste
- 2 ts Malt vinegar
- 1 ts Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 pt Vegetable stock
- 1 ts Muscovado sugar
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 4 md Corn on the cob
- 2 tb Dry sherry
- Heat oil.
- Add the onion &, garlic &, fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato, bell pepper, chili, ginger, tomato paste, malt vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, stock, sugar &, salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover &, simmer for 30 minutes, removing the lid for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Cool slightly &, then puree by forcing through a sieve.
- Slice stalks from the corn cobs.
- Remove the leaves &, the silk threads.
- Place in a pan of boiling, salted water &, simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, or until tender (Mark`s note: this seems too long for cooking corn, but the British do like overcooking vegetables!) Drain.
- Meanwhile, return the sauce to the pan, bring back to a boil, add sherry &, simmer for a couple of minutes. Pour over cobs &, serve.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer