Monte's Conch Fritters w/Mustard Sauce
- 1 Lb Conch Meat MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 2 Red Bell Peppers 3 Tbls Mayonnaise
- 2 Green Bell Peppers 1 Tbls Prepared Mustard
- 2 LARGE Sweet Onions 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbls Cayenne - Salt
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning - Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/2 Cups Self Rising Flour
- Preheat the oil in the deep fryer.
- Rinse the conch meat.
- Discard the orange fin and the foot.
- Use a food processor to chop the meat.
- Remove the seeds and membranes from the peppers.
- Peel the onions.
- Chop the onions and peppers into medium size pieces.
- Place the chopped meat and vegetables in a mixing bowl.
- Add the seasonings and the egg.
- Mix in the flour.
- Roll into 1 1/4 " balls.
- Deep fry, adding one fritter at a time to the hot oil and waiting several seconds before adding the next up to a maximum of five cooking at any one time.
- Fry until golden and light (about 5 minutes each). Add another fritter after removing each cooked fritter. Drain. Serve with the mustard sauce. Prepare the sauce by combining the ingredients and adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer