CLAM STUFFED MUSHROOM CAPS
- 1/2 c Butter
- 2 lb Mushrooms, 1-1/2" to 2" in
- 1 c Minced clams, with liquid
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c Dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 c Parsley, chopped
- 3/4 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Ground black pepper
- Lemon juice
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Remove and dice mushrooms stems.
- Dip caps in butter and place, rounded side down, on a rack on a cookie sheet.
- Drain clams and reserve liquid.
- In melted butter, saute mushrooms stems and garlic.
- Add clam liquid and simmer until mushroom stems are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps. Broil about 6 " from heat for about 8 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and tops are lightly browned. Sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice on each and serve hot.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer