Garlic Buttered Nuts
- 8 oz Shelled almonds, cashews, or
- -- peanuts, or a mixture
- 2 tb Margarine
- 1 tb Oil
- 3 ea Garlic cloves, crushed
- Loosen and remove the almond skins by pouring boiling water over them and refreshing in cold water.
- Rub the brown skins off the peanuts.
- Melt the butter and oil with the garlic in a heavy frying pan and toss the nuts in it over a moderate heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until they are crisp and golden.
- Drain on kitchen paper towels and sprinkle with rock salt. Serve warm. VARIATION: For Devilled Garlic Nuts, add a little cayenne to the salt.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer