- 8 ounce Chick peas -- soaked
- 5 tablespoon Tahini
- 4 tablespoon Lemon juice -- or to taste
- 2 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves -- minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish paprika (hot)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Black pepper
- Drain & rinse chick peas.
- Put them in a large pot with lots of fresh water & boil for 60 minutes.
- If the chick peas are old, then you may have to boil them for longer.
- Cook until they are soft.
- Drain thoroughly, reserving the liquid.
- Grind to a fine powder.
- Add 150 ml of reserved stock & blend to a stiff paste.
- You may have to add more stock. Add all the other ingredients & mix thoroughly. Leave to stand at least 2 hours so that the flavours can marry. Add more seasonings if you require, especially lemon juice & olive oil.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer