HUMMUS WITH PITA TOASTS
- 2 ea 6" pita loaves*
- 3 tb Butter- melted
- 19 oz Can chick peas- rinsed/drain
- 3 tb Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tb Olive oil
- 3 tb Fresh lemon juice
- 3 Garlic clove- mashed**
- 1 ts Salt
- 1 ts Olive oil for garnish
- Fresh parsley- chopped
- *Split each round &, cut into 8 triangles **mince &, mash garlic with salt Brush the rough sides of the pita triangles with butter, sprinkle them w/salt to taste &, bake on a baking sheet in the top third of a preheated 400 deg.
- oven until golden, about 6-8 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend chick peas, tahini, oil, lemon juice, garlic paste &, pepper and enough water to cover mixture to taste until smooth.
- May be made 1 day in advance &, chilled. Sprinkle with parsley &, drizzle a bit of olive oil &, sprinkle with parsley to serve with pita toasts.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer