ORIENTAL GINGER SHRIMP
- 8 Unshelled raw jumbo shrimp,
- -thawed if frozen
- 1/2 c All-purpose flour
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 1 ts Corn oil
- 1/4 c Water
- 1 Piece ginger root, peeled,
- -grated (1")
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 ts Chili sauce
- 1 Egg white
- Vegetable oil
- 1 Green onion daisy
- Red bell pepper strips
- Shell shrimp, leaving tail shells on.
- Make a small incision along spines.
- Remove black spinal cord from shrimp.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, corn oil and water.
- Stir in ginger, garlic and chili sauce and beat well.
- Stiffly whisk egg white, then gently fold into batter until evenly combined.
- Half fill a deep-fat fryer or saucepan with oil, heat to 375`F.
- ) or until a 1/2" cube of day-old bread browns in 40 seconds.
- Hold each shrimp by its tail and dip into batter, then lower into hot oil. Fry 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Garnish with green onion daisy and bell pepper strips and serve hot.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer