Glazed Sweet Onions
- 2 lg Spring sweet onions,
- -approximately 1 pound each
- 2 tb Butter
- 1/4 c Packed light brown sugar
- 1 t Dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tb Water
- 1 t Cornstarch
- Peel and cut onions into three slices each, set aside.
- Place butter in a 2-quart rectangular glass dish, microwave on high 30 seconds or until melted.
- Tilt dish to coat with melted butter.
- Combine sugar, thyme, salt and pepper, sprinkle over butter.
- Place onion slices in dish, cover with vented plastic wrap.
- Redistributing and turning, slices over midway through cooking, microwave on high 10 minutes.
- Pour liquid into a 1-cup glass measure while onions stand covered 5 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch, add to liquid in glass measure. Stirring midway through cooking, microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes, or until thickened. Pour over onion slices to serve.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer