Chile con Queso
- 6 oz Monterey Jack, Chilled 1 Tbls Vegetable Oil
- 6 oz Longhorn Cheddar, 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream
- Chilled - Tortilla or Corn Chips
- 1/2 Cup Salsa Pico de Gallo
- Shred the two cheeses and combine.
- Heat the oil in a (12"-14") skillet.
- Saute the Salsa Pico de Gallo in the oil until the onions are transparent.
- Set the skillet over medium low heat.
- Add shredded cheeses by the handfull, allowing each to melt before adding the next.
- Stir in just enough of the cream to make a thick, smooth texture - DO NOT LET THE MIXTURE BOIL! Transfer to a heated chafing or fondue dish.
- Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips. Stir the mixture from time to time in order to maintain the creamy texture.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer