Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Torte
- 8 ounces cream cheese -- softened
- 12 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 pound butter -- softened
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes -- minced and drained
- Place the cheeses and butter in a bowl and beat together until they are well blended and fluffy.
- Line an 8-inch cake pan with dampened cheesecloth, leaving enough extra to fold over the top.
- Layer one third of the cheese mixture in the bottom and spread half of the pesto over it.
- Spread the remaining cheese on top and cover with the minced tomatoes.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over the top and fold the cheesecloth over it.
- Set the torte in the refrigerator for at least an hour to firm up.
- When ready to serve, fold the cheesecloth back, turn the torte onto a plate, and remove the cheesecloth. Invert the torte onto a serving plate and remove the plastic wrap. Serve with assorted crackers.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer