- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon summer savory
- Sour Cream Pastry -- recipe below
- 30 cocktail hot dogs -- OR
- your favorite sausage -- cut in 2" lengths
- 1 beaten egg -- for egg wash
- ---Sour Cream Pastry---
- 1 cup presifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Prepare the filling by combining the cheese, onions and savory.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Prepare the sour cream pastry: Combine all ingredients and knead lightly.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll each half into a 7 1/2" x 12 1/2" rectangle.
- Cut the dough into 2 1/2-inch squares with a knife or pie fluter.
- Place a teaspoon of the cheese-onion filling in the center.
- Place a cocktail hot dog diagonally in the center of each square, on top of the cheese filling.
- Wet diagonal corners with a drop of water and press together.
- Arrange blankets on a well greased baking sheet and brush them with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350° F, or until golden brown. Serve hot. Do-Ahead Note: Prepare the sausage blankets several days in advance and freeze them in a moisture-proof container. At party time, bake the blankets for 10 minutes at 350°.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer