STUFFED MUSHROOMS III
- 12 lg Fresh mushrooms
- 3 T Butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 c Butter or margarine
- 1/8 c Finely chopped onion
- 1 T Flour
- 1/2 c Heavy cream
- 1/4 c Chopped parsley
- 1/4 c Grated Swiss cheese (opt)
- Wipe mushrooms with damp cloth.
- Carefully remove stems and set aside.
- In a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl or cup melt 3 tablespoons butter or margarine in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
- Brush mushroom caps with melted butter or margarine and place, hollow-side-up, in a shallow, heat-resistant, non-metallic baking dish.
- Sprinkle mushroom caps with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finely chop reserved mushroom stems.
- In a medium-sized, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl, melt 1/4 cup butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
- Add onions and chopped mushroom stems, stir to combine.
- Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes or until onions and mushrooms are tender.
- Blend in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in heavy cream until smooth.
- Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 1/2 minutes or until thickened and smooth.
- Stir in chopped parsley. 9. Fill each mushroom cap with some of mushroom mixture. 10. If desired, sprinkle a little grated Swiss cheese over each stuffed mushr
This page is made by Pascal Meijer