- 3 Dozen mussels
- 1/2 c Crushed tomatoes
- 2 c Bread crumbs
- 4 T Grated cheese
- 3 Garlic cloves, diced
- 2 T Parsley, chopped
- Scrub mussels with a brush, pull off beards.
- Prepare a fry pan with a tight fitting lid that will hold all the mussels.
- Add 3-4 T olive oil, 1/3 cup water, salt, and pepper.
- Cover pan, let mussels steam over medium heat to open.
- Meanwhile combine bread crumbs, grated cheese, and garlic cloves, to use as stuffing.
- Remove mussels to cool and reserve liquid.
- Do not use unopened mussels.
- Remove mussels and open shells to lay flat.
- Do not break apart.
- Place one mussel in each shell, cover with prepared stuffing.
- Squeeze 1 T of crushed tomatoes on each mussel. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and remaining liquid from steam process to moisten bread crumbs. Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Serve hot.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer