SMOKED SALMON SPIRALS
- 1 pound Philadelphia cream cheese -- softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind -- grated
- 3 scallions -- minced, including
- -- the green
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill -- minced
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 8 10-inch flour tortillas -- to 12-inch diameter
- 2 tablespoons small capers -- drained
- 1 pound smoked salmon -- thinly sliced
- 1) Beat together the cream cheese, lemon juice and rind, scallions, dill and paprika.
- When these ingredients are well mixed, stir in the capers.
- 2) Spread each tortilla with one-eighth of the cream-cheese mixture, leaving a 1/4-inch margin.
- Cover the cream cheese with slices of salmon.
- 3) Roll up the tortillas tightly, pressing down hard as you roll.
- Wrap each rolled tortilla in plastic wrap like a Tootsie Roll.
- Chill at least 3 hours, not longer than 12. 4) To serve, slice the rolls 1/2-inch thick. Reserve the uneven ends for private consumption. Arrange the slices on a serving dish and garnish each with a tiny dill sprig.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer