- 1 10-oz package frozen chopped
- 1 c Milk
- 1/2 c Margarine or butter (1 stick
- 1 t Salt
- 1 c All-purpose flour
- 4 Large eggs
- 1/4 lb Gruyere or swiss cheese (shr
- 1/2 c Grated parmesan cheese
- Parsley, beet or salad green
- Drain spinach, squeeze dry with paper towels.
- In 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, heat milk, margarine or butter, and salt until margarine melts and mizture boils.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- With wodden spoon, vigorously stir in flour all at once until mixture forms a ball and leaves side of saucepan.
- Add eggs to flour mixture, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, until mixture is smooth and satiny.
- Stir in Gruyere and parmesan cheeses and spinach.
- If not baking right away, cover surface of mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 large cookie sheets. Drop batter by level tablespoons onto cookie sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until cheese puffs are golden brown. Arrange appetizer and garnish on platter, serve immediately.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer