- 1 cup prepared macaroni salad
- 1/2 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- 30 slices American cheese
- Special equipment: Pie fluter (optional), cellophane-tipped toothpicks.
- Combine macaroni salad and croutons.
- Separate the cheese slices.
- Flute the edges with the pie fluter at this time if you wish to do so.
- Place approximately 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of macaroni-crouton filling on each slice, being careful to allow just enough so that the cheese can be easily folded.
- Shape the filling into a line the length of the cheese.
- Roll the cheese into a cone shape and fasten with a cellophane-tipped toothpick.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Makes 30.
- Special Hints: For a fancy touch, try trimming the edges of the cheese with a pie fluter.
- This creates an interesting edge and requires very little time. Plus, it`s fun! To prepare the macaroni salad the day before, leave out the croutons. To insure a crunchy texture, add the croutons just before fashioning the cones.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer