WARM SWISS CHEESE, MUSHROOM, AND ROASTED PEPPER LOAF
- 1 Loaf Italian Bread (16 inch)
- 1/4 c Butter (1/2 stick)
- 1/2 ts Crushed garlic
- 12 oz Mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 3 oz Shiitake or Portabello
- -mushrooms, stems discarded
- -and thinly sliced, about
- -1 1/2 c.
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Ground black pepper
- 2 Jars (7 oz. each) roasted
- -red peppers, drained and
- -patted dry
- 8 oz Thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread in half horizontally.
- Hollow out bottom half of loaf, leaving 1/2 inch thick shell.
- In a large skillet, melt butter, add garlic, cook and stir until slightly softened, about 1 min.
- Add both mushrooms, salt and black pepper, cook, stirring occassionally, until mushrooms softened and liquid has evaporated, about 5 mins, set aside.
- Arrange roasted red peppers in the bread shell.
- Cut Swiss cheese to fit into the shell, place 1/2 of the cheese over the peppers.
- Top with reserved mushroom mixture, remaining cheese and the top of the bread. Place on baking sheet, cover loosely with foil tent, bake until cheese melts, about 5 mins. Cut into serving pieces, serve with knife and fork.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer