GALLOPING HORSES -- VEGETARIAN VERSION
- 1 1/2 tb Garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 ts Cilantro root, chopped
- 1 t Sake
- 16 ea Peppercorns, whole or ground
- 4 tb Vegetable oil
- 10 oz Fresh shiitake mushrooms,
- -- thinly sliced
- 2 tb Soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tb Sugar
- 3/4 c Peanuts, chopped
- 1 lg Pineapple, peeled
- 3 ea Red chili peppers, seeded &
- -- cut into slivers
- Whole fresh cilantro leaves
- Using a blender or mortar & pestle, blend the garlic, cilantro roots, sake & peppercorns into a paste.
- Add the vegetable oil to a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the paste & stir-fry until the aroma is released, a few seconds.
- Add the shiitake & stir-fry until cooked.
- Add all the seasonings & fry until the sugar is blended into the mixture.
- Remove from the heat & let cool.
- Slice pineapple into 1/2" thick rings & then cut the rings into 1/2" X 1 1/2" chunks. Put a small amount of the cooled stir-fry mixture on each pineapple chunk. Decorate each "horse" with a few slivers of chili & a cilantro leaf.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer