KASSERI TOMATO & BASIL CRESENTS (KASSEROPITES
- Karen Mintzias
- 1/2 c Warm water
- 1/4 c Olive oil
- 1/4 c Red wine vinegar
- 1 Egg
- 1 t Salt
- 3 c All-purpose flour -- (sifted)
- 1 lb Kasseri cheese
- -- coarsely grated
- 2 lg Tomatoes -- chopped
- 1/4 c Chopped fresh basil
- Blend water, oil, vinegar, egg and salt in large bowl.
- Gradually stir in enough flour so dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into round.
- Grease bowl.
- Add dough, turning to coat surface.
- Cover with damp towel and let stand in warm draft-free area 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350øF.
- Grease baking sheets.
- Combine cheese, tomatoes and basil in bowl.
- Divide dough into 8 pieces.
- Shape each into smooth round.
- Roll each out on lightly floured surface to thickness of 1/4 to 1/8 inch.
- Spoon some of cheese mixture down center of each round.
- Fold one side over filling, press edges to seal. Arrange cresents on prepared sheets. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake until cheese has melted and pastry is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Serve hot.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer