LEEK & GOAT CHEESE TART
- 2 tb Butter
- 6 md Leeks (white & 2" of green)
- -- sliced into 1/4" rounds
- -- and rinsed well
- -- to remove grit
- 2 tb Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/2 ts Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 c Heavy cream
- 7 oz Goat cheese -- crumbled
- 1 Pre-baked 10" tart shell
- In a lidded frying pan, saute the leeks in the butter until wilted.
- Add vinegar, salt and pepper, cover and cook on low heat until leeks are tender (about 30 minutes).
- Remove lid and increase heat to moderately high, add cream and cook, stirring, until cream is absorbed (about 1 minute).
- Remove pan from heat and cool slightly.
- Spread the goat cheese evenly over the bottom of the tart shell. Spoon the leek mixture evenly over the cheese. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven until heated through and browned on top (about 15 minutes).
This page is made by Pascal Meijer