Appetizer Cheesecake #1
- 1 Box cheese crackers -- (6 oz.)
- 2 C. dairy sour cream
- 1/2 C. green salad olives
- 1 Medium green pepper
- 1 Small onion -- cut in quarters
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 Tsp. paprika
- 1 Dash Tabasco
- 1 Large Stalk celery -- cut in
- Piece -- (1 inch)
- 2 pitted ripe olives -- (2 to 3)
- 7 pimento strips -- (7 to 8)
- chicory or parsley
- Brush bottom and sides of spring-form pan with melted butter or margarine.
- Put 1/3 of the crackers in blender, cover and run on low speed until crumbled.
- Pour crumbs into bowl and repeat until remaining crackers are crumbled.
- Cover bottom of pan with 1/2 of cracker crumbs.
- Reserve the remaining crumbs for top.
- Put sour cream, green olives, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, salt, Worcestershire, paprika, Tabasco and celery in blender.
- Cover and run on low speed.
- Spread this mixture over cracker crumb base.
- Scatter remaining cracker crumbs evenly on top.
- Cover with wax paper and refrigerate for 24 hours. Remove sides of pan, place cake (still on pan bottom) on serving dish. Garnish with cut ripe olives and pimento strips. Serve with pumpernickel or crisp rye crackers.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer