BRIE AND RED PEPPER MINI-QUICHES
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- 2 tb Butter
- 3/4 c Finely Chopped Sweet Red
- 1/2 lb Brie cheese, cut in small
- 10 sl Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/3 c Whipping cream
- Salt and cayenne pepper
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry thinly and line thirty-six 2 1/4-inch (6cm) tartlet tins.
- Line with foil and weight down with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake in 375F (190C) oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and pie weights, let cool.
- In skillet, melt butter, saute red peppers until softened.
- Spoon into tart shells, top with cheese, then bacon.
- In bowl, beat together eggs and cream, season with salt and cayenne to taste.
- Pour over mixture in tart shells, bake in 350F (180C) oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until filling is firm.
- Serve immediately. (Tarts can be cooled and frozen in airtight containers. To reheat, bake frozen tartlets in 375F (190C) oven for 10 minutes or until heated through.)
This page is made by Pascal Meijer