HOLIDAY APPETIZER QUICHE
- 1 1/2 c Butter crackers crushed
- 2/3 c Butter flavored crisco
- 1 1/2 c All purpose flour
- 1/4 c Snipped fresh parsley
- 1 c Whipping cream
- 1 c Half and half
- 1 t Salt
- 1/4 ts Pepper
- 5 Eggs
- 2 c Shredded swiss cheese
- 1 Jar (4-oz) diced pimentos,
- Well drained
- 3/4 c Thin sliced green onions
- With tops
- 2/3 c Chopped ham, crumbled
- Sausage, diced pepperoni or
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- CRUST: Combine flour and cracker crumbs.
- Cut in crisco until mixture resembles coarse oatmeal.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup water, a Tb at a time.
- Toss with a fork until crumbs are completely moistened.
- Press mixture into bottom of ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan.
- Prick crust with fork.
- FILLING: Sprinkle swiss cheese, ham, onions, parsley and pimentos evenly over crust.
- Beat eggs, cream, half anf half, salt and pepper.
- Pour over filled crust. Bake at 400 degrees in preheated oven for 25- 30 minutes or until set. Cool 5-10 minutes. Cut into 1 1/2x2-inch pieces. Serve warm. NOTE: Crust may bubble during baking and need to be pricked with fork again.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer