HERBED STUFFED EGGS #1
- 1 1/3 c Fresh bread crumbs
- 8 md Hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tb Butter
- 1/4 c Minced fresh herbs *
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2/3 c Grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 c All purpose flour
- 2 Eggs beaten to blend
- vegetable oil for deep frying Preheat oven to 300 deg.
- Spread bread crumbs on baking sheet.
- Bake crumbs for about 10 minutes to dry.
- Peel eggs, halve and separate yolks from whites.
- Melt butter in heavy small skillet over low heat.
- Add herbs and stir until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Cool slightly.
- Mash yolks in small bowl.
- Stir in herb mixture.
- Season with salt and generous amount of pepper.
- Spoon herbed yolk mixture into egg whites.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan in shallow bowl.
- Dip stuffed eggs in flour, then beaten egg, roll in bread crumbs, coating thoroughly.
- Refrigerate uncovered at least 20 minutes.
- (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead.) Heat oil in deep fryer to 360 deg. Fry eggs in batches (do not crowd) until golden brown, turning occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and serve.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer