VINAIGRETTE OF BRAISED SOUP VEGGIES
- 1 md Carrot -- peeled
- 1 sm Head celery
- 4 sm Leeks
- 1 md Turnip -- peeled
- 4 Parsley roots *
- - peeled
- 2 tb Minced garlic
- 1 t Ground coriander
- 2 c :water
- 1 t Salt
- 3 tb White wine vinegar
- 1 tb Chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 c Extra virgin olive oil
- QUARTER CARROT LENGTHWISE, trim and discard top 2 inches of celery and quarter remaining head.
- Remove green part of leeks.
- Slice turnip into 3/8-inch slabs.
- Place vegetables, garlic and coriander in a saucepan large enough to handle them comfortably and add water and salt.
- Cover, place over high heat.
- Cook until vegetables are soft and remove each from the water as they are done.
- Place vegetables to drain on towels and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Add vinegar to the liquid in the saucepan and boil the liquid until reduced by 2/3.
- Remove from the heat and pour the liquid into a mixing bowl. When the liquid is cool, add the dill and vigorously beat in the oil. Arrange the vegetables on a platter, pour the sauce over them and serve.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer