Chopped Chicken Livers
- 1/4 cup chicken fat -- rendered
- 1 cup onions -- chopped
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- black pepper
- Cook onions in rendered fat for five minutes.
- Add chicken livers and continue to cook until onions are tender and livers are cooked through, but still pink inside.
- Remove liver and onions to a bowl and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Chop finely.
- Chop three of the hard boiled eggs and blend into liver mixture with a fork.
- (A blender may be used, but will give a smoother consistency.) Season to taste with salt and pepper. Form liver mixture into a mound on a serving plate and chill. When serving, garnish liver with sliced eggs.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer