SCHIACCIATA CON NOCI
- 2 1/2 ts Dried yeast
- 1 1/3 c Warm water
- 1 tb Olive oil, optional
- 3/4 c Cornmeal
- 3 c Unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 ts Salt
- 3/4 c Walnuts
- Olive oil
- Stir the yeast into the water & let proof for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the olive oil.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour & salt.
- Whisk 2 c of htis mixture into the yeast.
- Stir in the remainder & then knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
- Knead in the walnuts.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover & let rise until doubled.
- Stretch or roll the dough to fit an 10 1/2" X 15 1/2" oiled baking sheet.
- Cover & let rise till doubled.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Just before baking, make dimples ni the surface of the dough with your knuckles & drizzle with a wash of olive oil & sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until golden. Serve hot or at room temperature. This focaccia can be served either as a snack or as a part of an antipasto or as an hors d`oeuvre. Or simply serve it in place of bread.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer