- 1/2 lb Boneless Pork- Lean 1/4 c Peanut Butter-
- 2 tb Soy Sauce 1/2 ts Salt
- 2 tb Steak Sauce- Thick 5 ea Hot Pepper Sauce- drops
- 10 ea Apricots- Dried
- Cut the pork into 3/4-inch cubes and combine with the soy sauce and steak sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hour, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, simmer the apricots in 3/4 c water for 5 minutes.
- Place the apricots and their cooking liquid in a blender container or food processor.
- Add peanut butter, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Reheat when ready to serve.
- Thread the marinated pork cubes on skewers.
- (If you use wooden skewers, soak them in water 2 hours before using.
- ) Brush with remaining soy sauce mixture.
- Cook over hot coals or under broiler for 6 to 8 minutes, turning often.
- Serve with the warm apricot-peanut butter sauce for dipping.
- NOTE: Satay serves 2 when served as a main course.
- Double the meat portion of the recipe for 4 people. If you like, serve kabobs of mushrooms along with the pork. Thread small fresh mushrooms on separate skewers, brush with melted butter and grill or broil along with the pork.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer