SAUTEED BLACK OLIVES
- 4 cloves garlic -- peeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes -- coarsely chopped
- 1 pound small black, brine-cured olives
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary -- chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
- 1 Tablespoon flat-leaf parsley -- minced
- Over medium heat, saute the garlic in the oil until it starts to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and cook briefly, about 3 minutes. Add the olives, rosemary, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, basting the olives with the tomato sauce. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer