Angel of Death Cheese (Piedomontese)
- 1 head, large garlic, separated into cloves
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled, room temp
- cream, to thin if needed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 fresh sage leaves
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Add garlic to small saucepan of boiling water and cook until garlic is tender a nd easily pierced with a knife, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Transfer to garlic press in batches and mince.
- Measure 2 tbsp and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until softened.
- Add Blue Cheese and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add milk or cream if needed to thin Add salt and reserve d garlic.
- Dampen 12X18 inch piece of cheesecloth and wring dry.
- Arrange 2 sage leaves bo ttom side up in the center.
- Spoon cheese mixture over leaves, forming loose ba ll.
- Tie ends of cloth together, pressing cheese mixture gently into shape.
- Tr ansfer to cheesecloth lined strainer and set strainer over bowl.
- Refrigerate 24 hours or up to 4 days. Unmold cheese onto platter. Press walnuts over entire surface. Refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Accompany with an ass ortment of crackers.
This page is made by Pascal Meijer